The current study protocol has been designed to support routine analytical laboratories testing pesticide residues in agricultural commodities. The PT will be used to assess the various matrices represented in the AOAC food composition triangle over the course of five years. For the 2018/2019 financial year PTs will focus on pesticides in fruit, a high carbohydrate, low protein and fat matrix. These are Class A commodities, primarily of plant origin. These are Class A commodities, primarily of plant origin. The matrices selected for this year are oranges, apples and apricots
Specific attention has been paid to tailoring the scheme to current export limits as well as maximum residue levels for the South African market. The target pesticide and commodities were selected to match the growth season within South Africa. Pesticides selected for analysis in this PT represents various chemical classes associated with the specific commodity selected. Thereby accommodating the routine analysis performed by the majority of laboratories at the time the proficiency test material is circulated.
Pesticide in fruit PT scheme important dates
02 July 2018
30 July 2018
30 August 2018
08 October 2018
08 November 2018
08 December 2018
10 December 2018
14 January 2019
15 February 2019
Please note that the registration closing date is three(3) weeks before sample distribution.
- Through acceptance of the original quotation, the Applicant agrees to the quoted fee and the conditions stated herein.
- Payment is strictly 30 days from the date of invoice; or as mutually agreed in writing between the Applicant and the NMISA before the service commenced. NMISA retains the right to ask for a deposit for international services.
- NMISA cannot guarantee to complete the work within the estimated time but will consult the Applicant if it becomes apparent that the estimate will be exceeded.
- The Applicant hereby consents that the legal liability of NMISA with regard to any damage whatsoever or a mistake made by NMISA in services performed for the Applicant will be limited to the original quoted fee.
Regarding certificates and reports:
- A report, will be furnished to the Applicant on completion of the service;
- Reports or certificates may be freely published by the Applicant provided that such publication is verbatim and in full;
- NMISA reserves the right after the termination of a period of one year or any period agreed upon, to publish or report in whole or in part together with any comments or additional matter which is considered desirable but will not in general expect to exercise that right except as regards service results deemed to be of general interest;
- All participants details will remain fully confidential
- Additional copies of reports may be subject to an additional fee, as determined on a case by case basis.
- The values assigned to materials by NMISA are correct at the time of issue. Subsequently the accuracy will depend on such factors as the care exercised in handling and use of the material, the storage and transport of the material as well as the frequency of its use.
Click Here - To Register as a new NMISA Client.
Click Here - To Participate in the Testing Scheme.
Click Here - To Read More about this Testing Scheme.