INTERNSHIP: INTERNAL AUDIT (24 months)
Salary Range (differentiated according to the level of qualification): R 6070- R 8050
The NMISA is a Type 3A Public Entity established in accordance with the Measurement Unit and Measurement Standards Act, No. 18 of 2006 (the Act). The NMISA is mandated by the Act to provide for the use of the international system of units (the SI) and other measurement units in South Africa, to maintain national measurement standards (NMS) and to determine and ensure the comparability of the NMS.
Purpose of Role:
To receive training on Internal Audit function, consisting of a theoretical component and practical work, and provide support to the department and perform tasks as required by the organisation. The successful candidate will be enrolled on the Internal Audit Technician Learnership program, the programme runs for period of 24 months.
Minimum Qualifications, knowledge and Experience:
- National Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree in Internal Auditing
- Knowledge of the IIA International Professional Practices Framework
- Basic understanding of the PFMA, Treasury Regulations, and other relevant legislations.
- Competent in MS Office Software package
- Good communication skills and report writing skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform audit administrative functions in line with the audit methodology.
- Opening audit files, labelling audit files in accordance with the internal audit methodology.
- Perform execution/ fieldwork in accordance with the audit program, document audit working papers and reference working papers to the findings worksheet.
- Assist in performing compliance, operational, information technology and finance audits.
- Clearing coaching/ review notes on working papers and audit reports on time
- Assist in compiling draft audit reports with the supervision of the senior internal auditor.
- Perform follow-up audits as scheduled in the audit plan under the supervision of and guidance of the senior internal auditor.
- Performing ad-hoc assignments under the supervision and guidance of the senior internal auditor.
- Assist in administrative function of the Internal Audit Unit.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is self-motivated and very detail conscious, dependable and will act in an understanding and helpful manner while performing tasks associated with the position. The position also requires being honest and ethical, being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
The NMISA subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates who meet the requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation.
Interested and suitably qualified persons may forward all supporting documentation required (updated CV, certified educational qualifications, certified academic record and certified ID.) when applying for the position NMISA Human Resource at email@example.com Only candidates with all supporting documents will be considered for the position. Clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Closing date for applications: 23 April 2018
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
By applying for this position at the NMISA, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the NMISA may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or the SAP in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entails the handling of cash or finances and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.